METODO CLASSICO AND FISH FRY
Fried fish is one of the best known dishes of Italian cuisine, it becomes a must during the summer! Recipes may vary depending on the area, read our version and enjoy it with San Felo Metodo Classico!
• Clean the squid, remove the wings and cut them into rings.
• Put the squid in a plastic bag, add a few tablespoons of durum wheat flour,shake well so that the squid rings are completely covered with flour.
• Do the same thing with the pink prawns paying attention not to break them.
• Heat plenty of frying oil.
• While the oil is heating, place the squid in a colander or a sieve, shakeso as to remove excess flour.
• Proceed in the same way also with the prawns.
• Dip the squid in the boiling oil and let them cook for a few minutes, just long enough for them to brown.
• Take out the squid with a perforated spoon and lay them on absorbent paper to dry out excess oil.
• Now fry the shrimps, it would be better if the squid and shrimp fry simultaneously in different pans.
• Salt the fried fish and serve it hot accompanied with lemon slices.
4 medium squid
Durum wheat flour or semolina
Sun- flower oil for frying
Salt to taste